Important: This page is for power users only!
This section is normally used only to create new operations or, occasionally, to edit them. Important though it is, this section will never or hardly ever be used by you.
Store&Cash has 6 base operations in all. But you can create others too. Any new operation will be modelled on one of the five base ones.
Why should you want to create new operations if what they can do is already available?
You are right. Normally, you would not. But occasionally you may want to see certain activities covered in your reports. For example, “Write-off” or “Donation”, when you give away goods. This can be “Release to delivery person” (modelled on the operation “Move”) or “Sale by delivery person” (modelled on the operation “Sale”. You may conceivably want to differentiate between certain activities and others, similar ones, in your reports. Then you will need to create “New operation”.
Creation of new operations
Let's look at the creation of new operations. Editing will be similar.
- Operation name: the full name of your new operation.
- Operation name on button — the name on the button in the right-hand pane in the main window.
- Allocation — the name of counterparty in “Counterparty Block” in the main window. It will look li[ke] “Choose ”. «Select <назначение>».</назначение>
For example: “Choose donor”, “Choose buyer”, “Choose seller”, “Choose agent”...
- Document name — the name of the document whose number you will use. Normally, if you sell goods, this will be “Note”. For acceptance of goods, this can be “Goods received note”, but for a movement operation, this will be “Order”. And if you sell services, then this can be “Certificate”.
- Block name: this is the name of “Counterparty Block”.
- Colour means the colour of operation. When an operation is chosen, all elements will repainted this colour. When choosing a colour, make sure that white text is easy to read against this background and that your colours are not too similar to the colours of other operations. Otherwise, you will be inconvenienced.
- Parent operation — this is the operation your new operation will be modelled on. This is what we discussed above.
NB: Do not create unnecessary operations, and we strongly advise against deleting any of the operations created before. This will cause problems with report viewing.