Basic terms and concept of Retail & Inventory management service
We have done our best to make everything as simple as possible. Let's start (and see if we have done what we set out to do).
Let us first address the basics.
- You have goods.
- The goods are at the storage.
- You can perform operations involving the goods. (An operation is what you do with your goods such as storage, sell, move on another storage, or return goods from a buyer to the storage.)
- There are also counterparties these are normally suppliers and buyers.
Got it? Great! The rest will be easier to understand. Should you have questions, these will now be in correct language, and easy to find answers to.
What to do:
- In the left-hand pane at the top, click “Add SCU card” button.
Fill in the form.
- Place the goods in the storage (operation “RECEIPT”)
- Optionally, you can create “Supplier” and specify that the goods are from him.
- Sell goods operation “SALE” to a buyer.
Optionally, you can create “Buyer” and specify that the sale is to him.
- See a report.
This is the most important bit. You are already 80% up to speed. Having sorted this out, you can plunge in. Many of you will need nothing more.
- How to create more storages and why (Section “Storages management”)
- About operations. What they are, what they are for, and why they are the way they are (Section “Operations management”)
- How do you assign properties to goods such as SKU distinctions? (Section “Distinction management”")
- How do you handle a great mix of goods? (Section “SKU cards management”)